百业信息 (coming soon)
Power community websites with timely, performant, and free search service.
What is this?
- This is an indexing and search service based on Elasticsearch, provided to community websites for free.
- Thanks to Microsoft's generosity, 501(c)(3) nonprofits can get thousands of Azure credit every year. Good System use its Azure credit to run Elasticsearch and accompanying application on virtual server(s).
Why do we want to offer this service?
- Not all websites have a search function. Those that do sometimes are limited to search against database tables, which is less flexible and less performant.
- Some websites rely on major search engine (or their custom version) to provide search function on their website. But new contents on those websites may not get crawled and indexed in a timely fashion. Therefore, search on their own site sometimes won't get a hit for newly added contents.
- Paid indexing and search services are timely, flexible, and performant, but usually cost hundreds of dollars per year -- too much for small community websites, and could require certain technical skills to integrate.
- We want to offer something, that strikes a good balance among the above aspects, to community websites.
How it works
- We'll create ready-to-use code (widget or static page) for community customers to embed in their site.
- We'll start by working with a small set (hundreds) of community organizations, such as PTAs.
- We'll expand to more organizations to capacity of our resources.
- We'll open source the configuration (perhaps a docker template) so that other organizations can use their resources to run similar services and offer to their community customers.
© 2020 Good System, Inc. All rights reserved.